I am back from my little vacation and I am ready to rumble… I passed my A-Levels and now I have free time until October which I am going to use for some great content, a lot of swimming, late nights with friends and all the other good things life offers you! As you read this the Summer holidays in Austria have officially begun! Yeah! I can´t believe how fast the time has gone by this year. Literally it was Winter a second ago. For me these holidays are special ones, because these are the last Summer holidays from school I am going to have in my life. I am grown up officially guys… I can´t decide whether I love it or hate it, but let´s see what the future brings.
First of all I have to show you this incredible cake, which I made on Friday, in order to celebrate Summer with my family. And before you think that cake in the Summer is not the best option because of bikini body and stuff like that…. Wait I can assure you that this cake is actually not to bad, because most of the filling is made out of Joghurt! So it is okay for celebrating stuff in my opinion. Also the cake is very light and fluffy and not to sugary, so perfect for Summer evenings with friends or maybe a birthday cake for somebody who celebrates in Summer and everything else is melting! Also you can make this cake out of any Summer fruit, but I chose strawberries, because for me these are literally the Summer fruits. Without further ado let´s get whisking!
You will need for one cake (serves 12-16)
For the buiskuit:
- 4 eggs
- 70g sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 120g flour
- 500g of strawberries
- 5 gelatin
- 60g vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- 200g whipping cream
- 700g Greek Joghurt 2% fat
- Zest of a citron
1. You want to preheat your oven to 170 C. Then you want to prepare a round tin (I used a 26 cm) with some baking parchment or butter. For the buiscuit whisk the eggs and the sugar until they are pale and doubled in size. Siff your flour on top of the eggs and fold in carefully. Put it in your tin and bake for 15 minutes.
2. When your cake is finished, put it out of the oven and let it cool completey, before cutting it in half. For the filling soak the gelatin in water. Whisk the cream until it is stiff. In a bowl whisk the Greek Joghurt with the vanilla sugar, and the zest of the citron. In a pan, heat the rum with the gelatin until the gelatin is melted. Mix it with the Greek Joghurt and the cream and put it aside.
3. Clean your strawberries and remove the strung, then cut them in pieces. Place the bottom of your cake in the tin again and place the strawberries on it. Then put the filling on top and top it of with the second cake layer. Leave it in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until everything is set.
4. Decorate with some fresh fruit and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
4 thoughts on “RECIPE: The Celebrate the Summer Cake”
This looks delicious! Keen to try it
Thank you very much! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
This is so pretty! I don’t think I could bring myself to eat it! xx
Oh, you are so sweet!❤
LikeLiked by 1 person