If there is one meal in this world, which I had to eat for the rest of my life, it would be Tiramisu, for sure. I know I would die pretty young but it would be worth it. There are many ways of doing Tiramisu in this world, with rum or Amaretto, with sponge figers or cookies, just endless, but I am proud to say that my Tiramisu is the best. Altough it is a classic one with rum and sponge fingers, the consistency and taste is incredible. Even my dad, who is really really picky when it comes to Tiramis, loves it to death. As I love to share everything in my life with you, I had to share of courde the Tiramisu too. Let´s get the songe fingers soaked in delicious coffee!
You will need for 6 portions:
- 4 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 3 packs of vanilla sugar
- 3/4 Cup of espresso
- 500g mascarpone
- 2 packs of sponge fingers
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- a pinch of salt
- raw cacao powder
- Put the espresso and the rum into a bowl and let them cool completley. Take on pack of sponge finger, and dip them in the rum-mixture. Place them in your casserole really tight.
- Seperate your eggs. Beat the eggyolks with the sugar and the vanilla sugar over steam until they are slighty thickened and pale. Remove them from the steam and beat them until they are really stiff. Take a new bowl and beat the eggwhites with the pinch of salt, until they are really stiff.
- Stir your Mascarpone into your eggyolks and then fold the eggwhites in. Place 2/3 of your cream on top of your first layer of sponge fingers. Dip your second pack of sponge fingers in the rum mixture and place them on top of the cream.
- Spread the remaining cream on top, sift some cacao powder on top and leave to cool for at least 4 hours.
I thought I share a cute DIY-idea with you too. For a picnic I did with my friends the other day, I did the exact process as above, but I made my Tiramisu in old jam jars, instead of the casserole. Then I wrote the names of my friends in a calligraphy font like I did for my mothersday DIY, took some nice yarn and put the name on the jars, which looked really pinteresty and gave the whole dessert a personal touch.